It's literally TIME to TRUST HIM, and then watch what He does with that trust. You will love His response! (To Subscribe to the Elijah List subscribe here.)
Please forward this word to your friends! Encourage them to subscribe to the Elijah List right here: elijahlist.com/subscribe.
In the midst of the pain, in the midst of the unrelenting sobs, in the midst of the confusion, anger and grief, the choice to trust the Lord releases a power that activates a grace which can carry you through any dark night, and any uncertain or unexpected storm.
The Power of Trust
• Trust unleashes a power that causes consolidation and reconciliation to an otherwise broken devastation.
• The Bible says that all those who trust in the Lord will never be put to shame (see Psalm 25:3). That word "shame" in the Hebrew means to be confounded and disappointed.
• Trust protects you from the crippling effects of disappointment. If you trust God, you will rise out of the impossible and He will grace your life with favor and joy, even in the mourning.
• Trust will cause you to shut your mouth when you need to and speak up when you need to. Trust will yoke you to the secret power of meekness that allows God to defend you and causes you to inherit the earth.
• Trust is truly powerful and is an ingredient of faith. Faith pleases Him and so do those who trust Him, regardless of the situations they may be facing. Trust doesn't demand the outcome but simply says, "God, You are perfect in all of Your ways, and You are able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we could ask or think—whatever that looks like. (Photo via Pixabay)
The love-coated whisper of Holy Spirit, "Trust Me," is what brought me out of a backslidden state in my late teens. The power on those words caused me to burn my "oxen" as Elisha did and follow God that very moment. I jumped into Abba's arms and have walked the road of trust ever since.
Has it been easy? NO! I would be lying if I said I came to Jesus and then "tip toed through the tulips" ever since. That is not what Jesus promises us. His promise to us is that in this world we will suffer trials, temptations and persecution, but to be of good cheer because He has overcome it; meaning, He has overcome the ability of those trials to destroy those who continue to trust Him.
• Trust is the secret place from the storms. It brings peace to your confused mind that needs answers now. It doesn't always deliver the answers, but—being an ingredient of faith—it empowers you to rise above sense and reason and find peace in the midst of chaos and unanswered questions.
The very word "trust" implies confidence in someone else that is outside of your control. I will never forget a funeral I attended for a beautiful 16-year-old girl my son had gone to school with since they were in 1st grade. I remembered her big brown eyes looking out from under her oversized hat when she would be walked into class by her doting father. Oh, how her father loved her...I remember his love for her marked me back then.
When I learned she had been in a fatal car accident I was in disbelief. She was a strong Christian; her parents were elders on the board of a large, successful church. How could this be?
My son and I attended her funeral and I was marked forever by the way her father chose to respond to this awful, unexpected tragedy. The family custom was to have an open coffin to say their last goodbyes. Crippled by grief, he lay over her coffin sobbing and kissing her face, saying how beautiful she was as she lay there, lifeless.
After he had this long moment, he stood up in front of the whole auditorium, and in absolute grief and through heart wrenching tears he shouted on the top of his lungs, "I trust You, Lord!" He repeated it several times.
The display of that man's faith marked me forever. Did he still grieve? Yes! Did it bring his daughter back? No. But I know God is near to the contrite and broken-hearted and heals their wounds. (Photo via Pixabay)
"When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their distress and troubles. The Lord is close to those who are of a broken heart and saves such as are crushed with sorrow for sin and are humbly and thoroughly penitent. Many evils confront the [consistently] righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all." (Psalm 34:17-19 AMPC)
This is the God we need to know, and if we engage Him this way our faith won't be shaken and moved by circumstances or situations that seem unjust, unfair or disappointing. We will endure to the end.
In the midst of whatever pain you may be facing, large or small, choose to find it in yourself to cry out, "I trust You, Lord!" Trust unleashes the power of God to work on your behalf. He is faithful and He will miraculously deliver those who put their trust in Him.
Whatever you do, don't miss another ELIJAH LIST email! Subscribe at this link: elijahlist.com/subscribe.
Revival Flame Ministries
Motivated by an intense love for the Body of Christ, Anita Alexander's passion and compassion is to see the Church forsake religion and tradition, awaken to the Father's love, and arise and walk in the overcoming identity as sons and daughters of the Kingdom. Anita and her husband Dr. Sasha Alexander travel nationally and internationally ministering in revival fire that brings resurrection life, healing and awakening to the Body of Christ. Together, their passion is to impart, raise up and release a generation of sons and daughters who manifest the glorious victory of the finished work of the Cross. They are co-founders and senior ministers of Revival Flame Ministries, Golden City Church, and Kingdom Academy School of the Spirit Ministry Training School in Gold Coast, Australia.
Find us on:
* Facebook click here
* XAPiT click here
PLEASE FORWARD to all your friends! Permission granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint these articles in hard copy form, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. We ask only that you keep Elijah List website, email contact info, and author contact information intact.
Elijah List Publications
525 2nd Ave SW Suite 629
Albany, OR 97321