In this word of encouragement I want to share some revelatory insight, practical steps and answer questions that you may have about this topic on how to heal from trauma.
In past seasons, and especially now, there have been so many battles full of resistance and onslaught. Through this, many people have been emotionally crippled by pain, hurt and trauma. This has not only been a season of many battles, but one of transition and radical change—change that has been for the good, although it has been painful. Many people, even in this season, have been receiving deep refreshment, rejuvenation and healing from the pain and trauma of so many long-standing battles.
Though in this season many individuals have dealt with circumstances, situations and people that have brought much pain and trauma, it is also a time where we will see so much healing, restoration of peace and deep rest. We have truly crossed over into a new season where many people will see fulfillment of many promises.
These situations you've experienced have caused hope deferred, discouragement, disappointment, sorrow and even grief. It is time to move forward from the past, heal from the pain and trauma, and move into the new thing that the Lord is doing. If you don't, you will stay stuck in the trauma, rehearsing things, becoming bitter, angry or even resentful of the person or situation, unable to move forward into all that the Lord is releasing right now.
Forgiveness and repentance must happen so that you can get your emotions back in order, your mind healed and your heart completely restored. God is recalibrating hearts to feel again—not pain, but joy. God wants us to feel joy in the new season and for the new things that the Lord is bringing into people's lives.
When you get healed in your soul, it stabilizes your mind and the anxiety, fear, confusion, chaos and scattering stops. Like the Lord once told me, He puts us back together like Humpty Dumpty. Yes, the Lord has a sense of humor even in the midst of our pain, as He is the only one who knows how to turn pain into joy!
The Lord has been doing such a deep restoration in you this season, healing you from all the trauma and refreshing you so that you are able to walk into a manifestation of breakthroughs and the fulfillment of promises.
Questions You May Have Pondered Regarding Trauma
• Why do I have trauma?
Trauma is a good indicator that you've been hurt in your heart, and that the enemy knew where to hit your innermost being in a situation or circumstance. This is something that could have derived from childhood, and even though it is in the past, certain situations, which happen years later, can cause that trauma wound to be triggered and resurface. Or it could be from a recent situation that hurt you.
• Where is the trauma coming from?
Trauma resides in your soul, which consists of your mind, will and emotions. Having trauma wounds in your soul is an indicator that you need emotional and mental healing from a wound or wounds that reside in your soul. That wound in your soul came from a situation or circumstance that most likely involved another person or people from your childhood, or a recent situation. (Photo via Pexels)
• How do I keep from being traumatized again?
You want to stay trauma free by getting your heart completely healed, then guarding your heart from further pain or trauma. Your heart is connected to your innermost being which concerns everything about who you are in Christ.
If a situation happens in your life where another person involved is already hurt or traumatized, and they respond out of that hurt and trauma, never take it personal or get offended. Know there are things going on inside that person that need to heal, and what is happening with them is a reflection of what is going on inside of their heart, not yours. You can get caught in the crossfire of their unstable emotions and get hurt, so guarding your heart is key. You can guard your heart by using the tools of wisdom, forgiveness and having healthy boundaries with circumstances and people.
13 Practical Insights to Help You Heal from Trauma
1. Healing can be instant or happen over long periods of time. Some wounds are deeper than others and have layers to them.
2. Don't rush the healing process. You want your soul to get completely healed and be whole.
3. Rehearsing things causes torment. Don't hold onto, dwell on, reiterate or rehearse things of the past. You have to let go of the hurt and pain, as holding on to it delays the healing and deliverance process from the very thing that wounded you.
4. When someone hurts you, don't get offended. You must forgive, let it go and release the hurt.
5. Don't carry other people's problems, issues or warfare because they aren't for you to carry. The burden is the Lord's. You will get entangled if you do, and you will think it is your stuff when it is really the other person's stuff.
6. Keep healthy boundaries with toxic or narcissistic people. You will save yourself a lot of time, energy, strength and sanity of mind.
7. Don't compromise your walk, your time or your heart in situations with people who are drawn to and feed off of drama, abuse or constant dysfunctional cycles.
8. When trauma does happen with people or circumstances, the Lord uses this to expose something that is unhealthy for you, to break cycles and curses and to severe and untangle you from it.
9. When you go through pain and trauma it is actually used to make you stronger in the very area where your heart was once vulnerable.
10. The enemy will always go for the tender spots of your heart—like your parents, family or children—and use them to wound and throw blows at you to offended you so that your prayer life and walk with the Lord is weakened.
11. He will always target the closest to your heart to wound you. This is a demonic tactic to take you down and to make you ineffective.
12. The enemy will purposefully send people and situations that bring the spirit of Legion (Mark 5:1-20, Luke 8:26-39) into your life to literally throw you off, derail you or delay assignments, alignments and destiny fulfillment.
13. You will stay stuck in the hurt, pain or trauma if you don't let go and forgive. Ask for the Lord's grace to help you heal. Some pain is deeper than others and can be hard to heal from; this is where His grace comes in to help you.
Scriptures to Help You Renew Your Mind
Here are some Scriptures for you to mediate on to help you renew your mind:
• Proverbs 4:23, "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."
• Matthew 11:28-29, "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
• Mark 5:15, "When they came to Jesus, they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid."
• Malachi 4:2, "But unto you who revere and worshipfully fear My name shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in His wings and His beams, and you shall go forth and gambol like calves [released] from the stall and leap for joy." (Photo via Unsplash)
A Prayer for You to Pray, Declare and Decree
Lord, I humble myself before You and I thank You that Your Word releases, insight, revelation and wisdom. I ask, Lord, that You would shine Your glory light, like is says in Malachi 4:2, into every part of my heart that is wounded...where there is hurt, pain or trauma that needs healing.
Lord, give me the grace to let the things go that have been difficult and painful for me. I forgive anyone who has hurt me and caused wounds in my soul from any traumatic event or circumstance in my life, and I repent if I have hurt anyone out of that hurt or wound. Lord, forgive me if I have become angry, bitter or resentful because of the hurt. Reveal every hurt, pain and trauma so that it can be healed, right now, in the light of Your glory.
I thank You that my heart is being healed and my mind is being put back in its right place, just as You intended and designed my mind to function and operate. Thank You that the areas where my heart has been shattered, broken, traumatized, fearful, anxious, in chaos and confusion—these areas are being restored, right now, by the healing light of Your glory.
As my heart, soul and mind are healing, Legion and his cohorts are leaving and will have no more right to torment me from the hurt, pain or trauma. The scattered parts of my heart are being healed and restored; cognition and thinking processes are being restored; my nervous system and every brain function is being restored, and that tangible healing is manifesting in my physical body, right now, as Your glory light heals my soul.
Thank You, Lord. You are healing every part of my heart and I will no longer be triggered by trauma. Seal every part of my heart that has been healed in Your Blood so that the enemy will no longer find a landing place to bring torment or to pull me back into bondage. In Jesus' name, amen!
Let this word bless, encourage, bring insight, activation and impartation to you, and help you move forward in healing!
Grace and Love to you all!
Whatever you do, don't miss another ELIJAH LIST email! Subscribe at this link: elijahlist.com/subscribe.
Lorilei Cooley Ministries
Lorilei¬†Cooley¬†was born and raised in Texas. She came to know the Lord in 2008 and from there on out, her life was never the same. She started attending a local church for a few years and began a process that eventually led to her ministry and calling to be a prophet. After years of preparation, training and equipping, the Lord relocated her to Chicago where she stepped into her new assignment and fulfillment of destiny. Although facing many obstacles and challenges in moving, the Lord helped her overcome some of the most difficult times of trial and some of her greatest fears. Throughout the years she has been learning the voice of the Lord on a deeper level to grow in intimacy with Jesus. Her heart is to encourage the Body of Christ through prophetic writings from the Father's heart, to hearing His voice and to awaken others into their true identity in Christ through equipping and training, teaching strategies, unlocking doors and breaking through dimensional barriers through healing and deliverance.
To receive more words like this in YOUR inbox, subscribe FREE to the Elijah List at this link: elijahlist.com/subscribe.
Find us on:
* Facebook click here
* XAPiT click here