We are in a time where the Church has an amazing and crucial role – to hear what God is saying and doing and then to prophesy and partner with it into existence. Whether it's hearing God's heart for specific nations, issues of injustice, or partnering with God for revival, we have the great privilege of looking beyond the veil and seeing what God is doing or moving us into.
Just like Ezekiel, when he was taken to a valley of dry bones and commanded the bones to live, we aren't intimidated by the problem, because we have the Spirit of the living God within us. In that same way, I feel a fire in my bones to prophesy God's heart over you, your family, and the nations.
In the week leading up to Rosh Hashanah, I had three simple yet powerful dreams that I have been processing with the Lord ever since. I believe He was showing me His desire for the Church to break free from every area of illegal bondage and oppression of the past and present seasons and step into her promise. For the sake of keeping this word concise, I will share the dreams, then give bullet points of what God revealed to me afterward.
Dream 1: The Shaking & the Establishing of Foundations in Praise
In the first dream, I was standing in my home and there was a deep shaking taking place, like an earthquake. Things were falling around me, and I felt very unstable and my heart was anxious. I remember thinking, "When will this end? When will I finally be settled? It's been so long since I felt stable and fixed!"
I looked around and it was like there were rocks and earth in mid-air, as if they were suspended in motion. I began to cry out, "Where is the God who moves mountains? Who is the God who saves whole nations?" I continued to say this not so much in faith, but in fear. Then my daughter Sophie approached and said, "Dad, I have to show you something," and she led me down a corridor which led to big double doors that I didn't know existed in my house. I opened them and saw steep stairs leading to the foundations of the house. Sophie then said, "Dad, speak praise to the foundations!" So she and I began to worship and prophesy, and suddenly, the shaking stopped; the foundations were stilled, strengthened, and established, and a thick cloud of glory filled the room.
"And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the LORD: 'For He is good, for His mercy endures forever toward Israel.' Then all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the LORD because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid." (Ezra 3:11)
In this year there has been a deep shaking of the whole earth, including the Church, corporately and individually. For the world, God is shaking it so that those who don't know Him will run to Him and know Him. He is shaking everything – every structure, every man-made system; everything in secret is coming to light, and only what is of Him will stand at the end. For the Church, He is also doing a deep shaking so that she will return to her first love, get back her childlike wonder, and so that her foundations are strong and sturdy for the years to come.
I know that many are feeling like I did in my dream – like the shaking is never going to stop, and that it has been so long since feeling settled and fixed; but right now God is leading the Church out of being caught up in the shaking of the present realm and into a season of triumphant praise, where we will see new and stronger foundations that cannot be shaken!
I prophesy that...
• Your foundations are being strengthened as you shift from worry and fear into praise.
• You are being established and fixed, not spiraling out of control like the enemy wants you to believe.
• You are moving out of the line of fire of the demonic shaking and into the Holy Spirit led shaking that removes everything that once held you back.
• You are getting back your joy for the journey, your hope, and your childlike wonder and wisdom.
• You are entering a new door where you have felt stuck and limited.
• You are breaking free from the dead-end future that has been warring against your mind and focus.
• You are going to see God move mountains and shift obstacles on your behalf.
• You are being positioned to speak and prophesy over your own nation.
• The Church is bursting out the other side of this present storm and becoming fixed on Jesus in heavenly places. (Photo via Pixabay)
• The nations are going to become the tribe of Judah (meaning "praise") yet again. Through the shaking we are seeing Jesus in all His majesty once again – in Jesus' name!
Dream 2: The Roundtable of Accusation Turns into the Table of Healing
In the second dream, I was like a fly on a wall watching a prophetic round table, or a round table of leaders gathering together to pray and talk about issues in the world; but instead of doing that, they started gossiping about other leaders and listing all the ones they didn't agree with. No sooner had they done this, then it was like a demon presence entered the room from their own gossip, and suddenly confusion and mayhem descended upon them. They all started to stand up angrily hurling insults at each other, stating that their opinion was the right one.
It was horrific and I knew it was the assignment of the enemy to disunify the Church right now. Each had valid points, but they used their convictions and passions against each other instead of coming together. Their fruit was witchcraft against each other and other leaders, and a massive division taking the Church off course in this crucial season.
In the dream, I felt so grieved that I began to pray and break off the demonic words they had spoken over each other and others who weren't present. I could almost see the chaos their own words had been causing people, like massive stumbling blocks and closing doors of favor.
It was hard to witness, but then that same glory came in the room that I had witnessed in my first dream, and the round table began weeping in repentance, forgiving each other, and breaking the words and demonic partnerships that had been forged by accident. Healing then began to flow from the table that once delivered pain and accusation, and God began to pour out His Spirit.
This dream impacted me most of the three, because we have all lived and witnessed this over the years, but especially this year; where sides, positions, and opinions have brought division to relationships and partnerships; where words have been fashioned into arrows and thrown at people, creating all kinds of messes in their lives; where the table of the Church has not been safe at all, and has been more of a place of division and pain than of acceptance and affirmation.
But that is changing. God is using this same shaking to reveal heart motives and where the enemy has been duping so many into his employ. The table will once again become a place of healing, and the assignment of division is going to be overturned once and for all. I see a Church that will again become a hospital for the sick, where they can come and find the lover of their souls, not condemnation and shame.
I prophesy that...
• You are coming out from under the words and demonic chatter of people's judgments and accusations.
• You are breaking free from the silent assassination of people accusing you and your heart and character.
• All trauma and wounds that have been created from the religious or political spirit are being healed, right now.
• You are shaking off the witchcraft and all its confusion, defeat, and oppressive symptoms.
• You are wising up to the way the enemy has been working Believers against each other.
• You are going to be a bridge of healing; you are going to be a voice of healing while also being an effective and powerful voice.
• You are going to get heavenly downloads of how to empower others of different opinions and stances and still sit at the same table.
• God is bringing the outcasts to the table!
• We as the Church are learning how to honor each other better, even governments, and things we don't agree with.
• The voice of the enemy is being exposed as a liar in this season. We will no longer be the gossiping, shooting-ourselves-in-the-foot Church, but the UNITED single voice – in Jesus' name!
"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely Your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life..." (Psalm 23:5-6)
Dream 3: The Great Exodus of the Church & the Inheritance of Nations
In the third dream, I was at a bridge of sorts trying to escort thousands of people from one side to the other, but it was quite difficult because people were afraid, scared, skeptical, complacent, and tired. They were also arguing over theology and what we should believe regarding different matters, and they were missing the point completely. (Photo via Pixabay)
I could feel the heart of God as if He was saying, "Will you follow Me or will you stay in dead religion?" It reminded me of a similar dream I had years ago about people who were afraid to enter the new thing God was doing, and in this dream, similarly, there was a huge tension over the choice to stay where they were, or, move into something that was not very understood or known. But as I looked across the bridge, I could see what awaited them...it was endless new territory that had been promised to them, and God was so eager for them to enter it. It reminded me of Isaiah 54:2:
"Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes."
At that moment I realized that the global clashing of kingdoms had been over this one thing...territory. The original commission was to subdue and occupy the earth and the enemy's plan had never changed – to keep God's people enslaved and oppressed, held back from INHERITING what has always been ours! This was what I was yet again witnessing in this dream! I was overcome with emotion and longing for these people, so I started praying and prophesying from Deuteronomy 11:10-11:
"The land you are entering to take over is not like the land of Egypt, from which you have come, where you planted your seed and irrigated it by foot as in a vegetable garden. But the land you are crossing the Jordan to take possession of is a land of mountains and valleys that drinks rain from Heaven!"
As I did this, people started remembering the promises they had lost hope in, and they began to get stirred up again. Then as the dream ended, I saw a verse before my eyes, Exodus 13:16:
"It shall be as a sign on your hand and as frontlets between your eyes, for by strength of hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt."
I believe this speaks volumes to us right now, so let me prophesy this:
• You are crossing over the border right now from the land of limitation and into new frontiers.
• You are coming out of the long season of being in double distress and being constantly under siege and attacked on every side.
• All sickness, lack, fear, and assault on your home, marriage, and mind is breaking now!
• You are coming out of ALL bondage. The Church is coming out of ALL bondage!
• You are coming out from the under the oppression of evil tyrant masters, wrong mindsets, relationships, and seasons where it was a war to even move ahead an inch.
• You are breaking free from all assignments of the enemy that keep roadblocking you from moving into your promises or seeing them fulfilled.
• You are going to see God move powerfully on your behalf as your vindicator and defender.
• You are coming into clarity and will know the voice of the Holy Spirit and disregard the voice of the enemy that is trying to sidetrack you.
• The plagues that have been against your home and legacy are ceasing.
• Tiredness and weariness of your "Egypt" season is ending. Slumber is breaking and you are coming into renewed strength and vision.
• This exodus is going to be a sign on your hand and forehead of God's mighty power. God is broadcasting His goodness over your life!
• You are entering a time of fresh consecration and separation from the things around you. God is clearing the distractions and leading you into a season of His jealous love pursuing you.
• The Church is coming out from the culture of the world, out from bowing down to the systems of slavery that have kept us from being effective.
• We are stepping into the new and wide-open space God has ordained for us to inhabit.
• We are going to see the Kingdom of God established in the most unlikely of places.
• We are crossing over and becoming the move of God in the earth – in Jesus' name!
"Then Moses said to the people, 'Commemorate this day, the day you came out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery, because the Lord brought you out of it with a mighty hand...'" (Exodus 13:3)
* Please don't miss our emerging and newly found prophets! Subscribe here.
Nate Johnston¬†is a revivalist and worshiper who has a heart to see sons and daughters unleashed into passionate friendship with God and an effective supernatural lifestyle. Through his ministry "Everyday Revivalists," he teaches on intimacy and hearing God's voice which was birthed from a hunger for authentic, real, and powerful relationship with Jesus. Nate and Christy have two daughters, Charlotte and Sophie, and currently live on the Gold Coast in Australia.
To receive more words like this in YOUR inbox, subscribe FREE to the Elijah List at this link https://elijahlist.com/subscribe.
Find us on:
* Facebook click here
* XAPiT click here