GOOD NEWS! God has checkmated the enemy's move in the present crisis. The enemy's plan was to release calamity on the earth, but God is strategically using this virus in His plan to bring forth transformation in the world!
The people of God have been in prayer, intercession and expectation for a big move of God for years, and God has now answered with the BIG RESET – the precursor to a great awakening and a great in-gathering of souls into the Kingdom of God.
The world was going off the rails, on a trajectory toward destruction, running to and fro as the Bible predicted in the book of Daniel. The emotional temperature in the world was at an ugly boiling point as the gods of this world gained in sphere and power. But God! God is using what the enemy planned for evil as a GLOBAL RESET.
In the present global shutdown, bars have closed, sports have shut down; Disney World, recreations and entertainment have all shut down. And as a result, families are at home talking and eating together; people are quiet – the world is quiet – children are home safe; attitudes are changing, people are having compassion on one other. We are coming together in a unity of heart and mind and people are praying and looking to God for answers. We are lovingly caught in the captivity of the Lord and the enemy is losing, big time!
During a recent time of intercession, I saw a massive lion pacing restlessly with anticipation. The Scripture that came to mind was Isaiah 42:13-14, 16:
"The LORD will march out like a champion, like a warrior He will stir up His zeal; with a shout He will raise the battle cry and will triumph over His enemies. 'For a long time I have kept silent, I have been quiet and held Myself back. But now, like a woman in childbirth, I cry out, I gasp and pant...I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.'"
I believe it is important that we take full advantage of this time God has given us to examine our lives, get rid of the non-essentials and recognize what is important. In rest, we will hear more clearly from God the strategies He wants to implement and the intercessory initiatives that will give birth to them. This is time to draw close to God and fine-tune our spiritual senses.
The entire chapter of Hebrews 12 is well worth studying at this time. In it, God tells us not to take it lightly when we are disciplined by Him, or grow weary under it – He disciplines those He loves as any loving father would. In verses 26-29, God warns us that He will shake everything that can be shaken. But we must take note His reasoning – it is for the removal of things that can be shaken, in order that the things that cannot be shaken might remain; that we may offer to Him acceptable worship with reverence and awe. He is a Consuming Fire and He will consume the sin out of our lives and, ultimately, out of the world!
Power in the Silence
God will be releasing prayer strategies to His people to bring us through this time. The term "prayer strategy" is simply the direction of how often to meet, in what manner we are to meet, who we are to meet with and the logistics of that, the theme of intercession, the way we are to pray, whether in tongues or with revelation or both. This may be accompanied by symbolic action He may ask you to do. This may seem like something silly to you, but when done in obedience carries great power. He may give specific songs to worship to – some with banners or in dance – and it may be accompanied by a time of fasting or not.
The Lord has given me a strategy to have three "prayer thrusts" once a month until May. Considering what is happening in the world, at first I didn't think this was enough. As I am now forced to be at home, there is a quietness and a stillness in the atmosphere, and I believe that is by God's design. God has been highlighting to me a principle in the strategy given to Joshua for Jericho. They had to march around the city in silence for seven days. On the seventh day, they marched seven times then blew the trumpets. It seemed like a crazy thing to do, but as they did it in obedience, power was released and the walls fell! The part He highlighted to me was the silence – they had to march in silence.
God is saying that as we wait before Him in quietness and in stillness, we are building up spiritual dunamis energy – an internal combustion that will explode and empower His move to BREAK OUT AND LAUNCH!
I checked what internal combustion meant and found that "internal-combustion engines are the most widely used power-generating devices currently in existence." It works by raising the temperature of a gas which then increases the pressure that makes it expand and blow. (Photo via Wikimedia Commons)
As we are still before the LORD, corporately, waiting on the Him during this time in fasting and in prayer, we are building up a corporate internal combustion in the Body of Christ that will break us out into the greatest move of God of all time.
There were a few words that I wrote last year in which God said, "Ready or not, here I come!" I believe that time has come.
Understanding Spiritual Warfare
During these times it is important to know how to pray. It's time to fight God's way! There can be much misconception when it comes to spiritual realities. Greater knowledge and understanding of spiritual warfare are important features of the Christian walk that I believe God is saying is presently needed. My last article touched on the aspect of this in relation to heart issues, as all victory is founded on the principle in Jesus' words: "...For the prince of this world comes, and has nothing in Me!" (John 14:30).
The enemy could find no place of agreement in Christ, and the same must be for us.
The Bible speaks much about this warfare and is our source for all understanding of the subject. The Scriptures refer to the Lord as "the Lord of hosts" well over two hundred times! The word "hosts" means armies – He is the Lord of armies, both in Heaven and on Earth. We were enlisted in the army of God when we got saved, and we have a fierce enemy, whether we understand that or not.
"For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm." (Ephesians 6:12-13)
At the core of spiritual warfare is understanding our identity as a son or daughter of God and standing in it. There are those who are called to a lifestyle of prayer, and have been given a strong gift in intercession; however, all of God's people are called to pray and live within this spiritual dynamic. Everyone is a part of the war whether they participate or not. Because we live in this atmosphere of warfare, to have a grasp of this subject is to everyone's advantage.
Contrary to what some may think, spiritual warfare has some very basic Christian principles I would like to highlight. First, we begin by noting that the Bible is founded on the spiritual dynamic that God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24). Angels are spiritual beings that serve God. Satan is a created spiritual being – an archangel that fell and is now the archenemy of God, and all humanity. Demons are spiritual beings that serve the devil and do his bidding; they hate humanity and their job description is to steal, kill and destroy every good thing God intends for His people and the world.
The evidence of their activity can be seen in every sphere of society, and they are especially targeting the children. It is therefore very important for every family to have a prayer strategy and to teach their children how to pray. Children should be secured in the truth of Jesus and His great love and power toward them!
What Does Spiritual Warfare Entail?
Spiritual warfare is very different than warfare in the natural. Firstly, as Ephesians 6 stated, our fight is with spiritual forces and not with people, and the weapons we fight with are not of this world – they are far more powerful!
"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete." (2 Corinthians 10:3-6) (Photo via Unsplash)
The battleground, ultimately, is for the mind of man – for who we will serve and give our allegiance to. When our obedience is complete and the Lordship of Christ is firmly established in our lives, we have great authority to demolish the enemy's plans and schemes in our personal lives.
And having overcome our personal issues, we can stand in a posture of obedience in strength, in a corporate setting, to fight for our communities, cities and nations. The principles for corporate warfare are the same for our personal lives, so let's look at the practicalities.
Effective warfare is not a matter of semantics or the tonality of our voice – whether we are loud or soft spoken – as we are all unique in our gifts. It is not about how great we can pray, but rather about functioning, not in the flesh, but under the anointing of a humble, surrendered heart.
There are certain key features, or spiritual weapons, that God has given us in our warfare to overcome the kingdom of darkness, which when applied in the dynamic God intended, will always take down the enemy. These spiritual weapons are:
1. Union: The word declares that where we have union, the commanded blessing of God is then released (Psalm 133). The word "command" is "tsavah" and means "to give charge to, to give command, set in order or send a messenger." This makes it clear that unity is vital to effective warfare. There is a mystery in the principle of union and agreement that when in place, works to produce an explosion of supernatural dunamis power, having the potential to produce God-sized possibilities.
The shortest and most memorable word God has given me came to me in capital letters. He said: "AGREE WITH ME!" When we agree with Him corporately, we are in union with each other and with Him; this dynamic produces dunamis power. The corporate sound that is released in this setting is a breaker sound that demolishes strongholds.
2. Faith: The Word of God declares that faith is the victory that overcomes the world, that our fight is the fight of faith, that we have access by faith; we are strengthened by faith; the promise comes by faith. We are admonished to build up our faith as we are protected and shielded by faith. Ephesians 4:13 tells us that we are all growing up until we attain unity in the faith. Unity of the faith is a unity of mind that is a oneness in conviction and belief in the Lordship, majesty, power, and fullness of authority of the Godhead. That kind of faith will overcome every obstacle and mountain in our path and will transform our world.
3. Peace: The peace of God that is His shalom is a powerful principle that drives out all fear, anxiety and distress. It is a peace that surpasses all understanding. The Hebrew word "shalom" has so much more weight than simply the absence of strife; it means to be safe, healthy and prospering in life. It is from a root word that means "to be safe in body, mind and estate; to be complete"! Peace is who Christ is! He is the Prince of Peace and darkness cannot dwell in the presence of His peace. We can all be filled and exuding this supernatural peace that dispels fear and is a key to affective intercession.
4. Compassion: The compassion and love of Christ is an important attribute that we are to each carry. Whenever Jesus is moved with compassion in Scripture we see a miracle take place. Compassion is the heart of God and the basis for miracles. Judgment can also be the compassion of God; the Word says that when the world is judged it learns righteousness (Isaiah 26:9). It is God moving to save us from ourselves. However, as with all the attributes of God, there is the counterfeit; counterfeit grace, love and compassion, and the attempt made to sanctify sin and bless what God has cursed and is not blessing.
5. Speaking in tongues: God has given us the powerful weapon of speaking in unknown tongues – prayer that is motivated and empowered by the Holy Spirit. Praying in tongues, personally and corporately, is powerful as it releases revelation and spiritual insight into situations, produces signs and wonders, and is in itself a sign and a wonder! In spiritual warfare, we are posturing ourselves before God and looking to Him for insight, revelation, keys to win the battle and direction in our intercession. In spiritual warfare everyone contributes to the corporate spiritual dynamic. The synergy created becomes a force that is unstoppable.
6. The Word of God: Lastly, and most important is the Word of God. The Word of God has supernatural power and always accomplishes what God has purposed. God created with the Word and it continues to have creative power when spoken by the Spirit through us. Hebrews 4:12 says that it is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword. When unleashed by the Holy Spirit, it has the potential to demolish strongholds in the path of God's will.
I was once in a prayer meeting for Israel and at the start of the meeting, God gave me a word. However, it did not seem to fit what was being prayed, so I held onto it and waited. At the right moment, the Holy Spirit said, "Now," and I released it. When I spoke the word it seemed to be launched like a missile, and I knew, by revelation, that the word had left the prayer room, crossed the ocean, and landed in Israel. I believe somewhere in Israel, freedom came that day! That is spiritual warfare!
God also uses the process of sanctification or heart cleansing to train and build our spiritual muscles of faith in the understanding of His great power over all things, and we recognize our great authority in Him as His sons (Colossians 2:9-11).
During this process, we learn to fight, we overcome the enemy of our souls and we are healed. Oppression is also driven from the land of our souls as we are continually filled by the Holy Spirit in greater and greater measure, as He occupies more of us. Israel's journey to the Promised Land through the wilderness gives us a picture of this process. Just as they learned, it is here too that we are built up in faith and learn to fight!
* Please don't miss our emerging and newly found prophets! Subscribe here.
Faith Marie Baczko, Executive Director
Headstone Ministries International | Schools of The Last Wine
Faith Marie Baczko¬†is the president of Headstone International Ministries and HWAM‚ÄĒHeadstone Women's Apostolic Network. Faith is an apostolic, prophetic teacher and author, bringing significant revelation to mobilize, equip and strengthen the Body of Christ for this momentous hour of history. She carries key insights into the profound significance of Israel's place in the purposes of God for the time of the summing up of all things in Christ. She models a life that inspires others to live undistracted and rigorously devoted to passionately pursuing Christ. Faith is an international speaker, and through her ministry and work in South America, she has garnered enduring relationships with pastors and leaders, united in passion for truth that is the foundation of revival. Her books are also available in Spanish.
To receive more words like this in YOUR inbox, subscribe FREE to the Elijah List at this link https://elijahlist.com/subscribe.
Find us on:
* Facebook click here
* XAPiT click here