"For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another." (Galatians 5:13 NASB)
I can remember a time in America where God was honored in everything we did. We honored Him in schools when we asked His blessing on our day with a brief prayer. We honored Him from our courtrooms to our sporting events. Most every formal institution began proceedings by calling on the name of the Lord our God, His wisdom, His mercy, His care, and His justice. We humbly asked Him for His divine intervention in our affairs and decisions.
Where has that America gone? Slowly, ever so slowly, we have become more secularized and pushed God out of the public square. How can we think we do not need His direction? How prideful that is!
Enough Is Enough!
The result of our dishonoring Him as a culture is that He is now being forcibly pushed out of even our personal businesses. Recently, even churches are under open attack. There are godless men and women who desire to see God removed from society completely! They want God relegated to our private lives within our own homes. I say, "Enough is enough!"
I am so thankful for President Trump, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Special Ambassador of Religious Freedom Sam Brownback (a long-time friend), and a number of Christian senators and U.S. representatives who are working to reverse this cultural dismissal of our Lord.
Church, I am asking that we honor God openly everywhere we go. Talk about Him everywhere you go. Worship Him openly wherever you go. Take your Bibles to school and read them there. Talk to your children about Him as you go about your day. Pray publicly. Write your legislators and tell them you support them. We can make God the Lord of our nation once again! Welcome Him!
The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual's religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government.
• Pray concerning our religious freedom and our right to preach, teach, worship and observe our religious beliefs.
• Pray we stand firm for our religious freedom: "It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery" (Galatians 5:1 NASB).
• Pray we will continue to have "...the right to follow the dictates of our conscience and the demands of our religious conviction" (President Trump). "So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15 ESV).
• Pray for unity and peace: "Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace" (Ephesians 4:3).
• Pray we love one another: "Do not take revenge on others or continue to hate them, but love your neighbors as you love yourself. I am the Lord" (Leviticus 19:18 GNT).
As we pray standing on the Word of God, He is faithful to hear our prayers. "And if we know that He hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of Him" (1 John 5:15).
For the future of our nation,
Cindy Jacobs is an author, speaker, and teacher with a heart for discipling nations in the areas of prayer and prophetic gifts. She and Mike – her husband of 41 years – co-founded Generals International in 1985. She is a respected prophet who travels the world, ministering not only to crowds of people but to heads of nations. Her first calling is and always will be prophetic intercession. Each year she travels, and she has spoken on nearly every inhabited continent to tens of thousands. Cindy has authored books, loves to travel and speak, but one of her favorite past-times is spending time with her husband Mike and their children Daniel and Mary Madison, along with her grandchildren.