James Goll is truly a pillar in the Body of Christ and I take very seriously the revelation he receives from the Lord.
This is a more serious message from James, but it's an important one as he takes on the subject of: "Exposing Jezebel's Influence" on the earth today.
Now, read this potent word from trusted leader and friend of God, James Goll. (To Subscribe to the Elijah List subscribe here.)
We are in a last days battle for the true and pure prophetic to come forth. It is a battle between the demonic powers of Jezebel's influence and the promised restoration of the spirit of Elijah. In the natural, Biblical setting, Queen Jezebel manipulated King Ahab and pressured the prophets into hiding. Elijah came forth with an authentic prophetic mantle to dismantle the ruling false power.
As it was in this historical context, there are parallel lessons for us to learn and apply in our day. It is time to expose Jezebel's influence and for the authority and anointing of the true prophetic to disarm this fierce, dark force! Let's look at Queen Jezebel's background and the tactics she demonstrated.
Background on Queen Jezebel and Her Tactics
A Look at 1 Kings 16:31, "It came about, as though it had been a trivial thing for him to walk in the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, that he married Jezebel the daughter of Ethbaal king of the Sidonians, and went to serve Baal and worshiped him."
Ahab married Jezebel, contrary to God's command, and opened the door to the "religious idolatry" of Baal worship including acts of child sacrifice, licentiousness including both heterosexual and homosexual fertility rites.
"The generational curse of Jezebel can be broken when confronted with the truth of God's Word, and the presence and power of the Holy Spirit."
• Jezebel hated God's Word and killed off the true prophets of God.
"For when Jezebel destroyed the prophets of the LORD, Obadiah took a hundred prophets and hid them by fifties in a cave, and provided them with bread and water." (1 Kings 18:4)
• Jezebel was a very prominent supporter of "religious" work and she fed the false prophets and was their support system.
"He said, 'What sin have I committed, that you are giving your servant into the hand of Ahab to put me to death?'" (1 Kings 18:9)
• The abdicating nature of Ahab empowered the Jezebel spirit. She resisted and opposed true godly authority and desired to control and exercise power over everyone. She set herself up against Elijah in particular.
"Now Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, 'So may the gods do to me and even more, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time.'" (1 Kings 19:1-2)
• Jezebel caused fear, debilitating discouragement, depression and immobilization.
"And he was afraid and arose and ran for his life and came to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah, and left his servant there. But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree; and he requested for himself that he might die, and said, 'It is enough; now, O LORD, take my life, for I am not better than my fathers.'" (1 Kings 19:3-4)
• Jezebel controlled by way of scorn and sarcasm and she took matters into her own hands.
"But Jezebel his wife came to him and said to him, 'How is it that your spirit is so sullen that you are not eating food?' So he said to her, 'Because I spoke to Naboth the Jezreelite and said to him, "Give me your vineyard for money; or else, if it pleases you, I will give you a vineyard in its place." But he said, "I will not give you my vineyard."' Jezebel his wife said to him, 'Do you now reign over Israel? Arise, eat bread, and let your heart be joyful; I will give you the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite.'" (1 Kings 21:5-7)
• Jezebel got others to do the dirty work and she believed the end justified the means. She condoned sin, even murder to get what she wanted. She attempted to remove good men and kill their spiritual or physical sons.
"So the men of his city, the elders and the nobles who lived in his city, did as Jezebel had sent word to them, just as it was written in the letters which she had sent them. They proclaimed a fast and seated Naboth at the head of the people. Then the two worthless men came in and sat before him; and the worthless men testified against him, even against Naboth, before the people, saying, 'Naboth cursed God and the king.' So they took him outside the city and stoned him to death with stones. Then they sent [word] to Jezebel, saying, 'Naboth has been stoned and is dead.'" (1 Kings 21:11-14)
Ten Characteristics of the Jezebel Spirit
"But I have this against you, that tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, and she teaches and leads My bond-servants astray so that they commit act of immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols." (Revelation 2:20 NASB) (Photo via Unsplash)
1. Jezebel's ultimate goal is always Control. The Jezebel spirit is always motivated by its own agenda which it relentlessly pursues.
2. The Jezebel spirit attacks, dominates or manipulates especially male authority. Queen Jezebel usurped political authority of the kingdom. This spirit's ultimate goal is to conquer or neutralize the prophet because a discerning leader is its greatest enemy.
3. Jezebel causes fear, flight and discouragement. This spirit often causes a spiritual leader to flee from his appointed place by character assassination and ruining his reputation.
4. People under Jezebel's influence are natural leaders, although often covertly. The Jezebel spirit attempts to seek out people of influence to win their ear, gain credibility, and win endorsement for their toxic cause.
5. People under Jezebel's influence are often insecure and wounded with pronounced egocentric needs. They are often trying to fill a love deficit. People under Jezebel's control always have deep, unhealed wounds from sources such as: rejection, resistance, fear, insecurity, self-preservation, and bitterness, which in turn, spreads its defilement to many.
6. The Jezebel spirit functions subtlety and deceptively. People controlled by Jezebel use flattery to win you over to their domination. Jezebel spirits are masters of manipulation by guilt and undermining or discrediting another's influence. Those under Jezebel's control use flirtation and are extremely jealous of anyone they perceive to be a threat.
7. Ultimately, people under Jezebel's influence are proud, independent and rebellious. Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft (1 Samuel 15:23) and will attempt to control others through any means other than the Holy Spirit.
8. It Takes an Ahab to let a Jezebel spirit operate unchallenged. Those under Jezebel's influence do not operate without someone under an Ahab spirit's influence enabling them to function.
"Jezebel's ultimate goal is always Control. The Jezebel spirit is always motivated by its own agenda which it relentlessly pursues."
9. A Jezebel spirit is always in alignment with a religious spirit. Both Jezebel in the Old Testament and in the New Testament in Revelation operated under the cover of religion. Its religious deeds are done for all to see. True and pure spiritual gifts attract people to Jesus, not to the people who exercise the gifts.
10. The families of people under Jezebel's influence are often out of order. Those under Jezebel's influence control their partners and cause their children to take sides, grow up insecure, disrespect their fathers, feel manipulated, and become distrustful toward true authority.
Why Deal with This Spirit?
• For the Kingdom's sake. This spirit destroys God's true image in the family and defies His loving order in the Church. According to Revelation 2:26-28 there is a great prize for winning this war.
• For the Church's sake. When we overthrow the demonic stronghold of Jezebel, we secure lineage and legacy within the Body of Christ. As Elijah did, we will be able to call down the rain of revival and breathe life into barren places.
• For love's sake. Those operating under Jezebel's snare need to be healed. God loves all people and wants to see every man and woman set free in Jesus' great name! For love's sake, God deals redemptively with those under Jezebel's influence.
• For the children's sake. The generational curse of Jezebel can be broken when confronted with the truth of God's Word, and the presence and power of the Holy Spirit. Order can be restored, and the Spirit of Elijah can be poured out turning the hearts of the fathers to the children. (Photo via Pixabay)
• For our soul's sake. The revelation of the "Morning Star" is granted to the overcomers. He promises more revelation of Himself!
• For our health's sake. Tolerating Jezebel can cause sickness; therefore, overcoming its influence will bring the restoration of health and life.
• For obedience's sake. God loves obedience! Obedience is better in God's eyes than sacrifice. The church at Thyatira left Jezebel alone. God will richly reward the church in a city that will not tolerate its evil in their midst!
We Must Break the Power of This Stronghold
Praying with authority in Jesus' name: Father, I come to You in the great name of Jesus. I confess and renounce as sin my actions and attitudes of manipulation, domination, and controlling other people. I repent for operating in the ways of Jezebel. Forgive me. I receive Your love and obediently submit to You.
I resist the devil and stand against this demonic stronghold in Jesus' mighty name! By the power of the Holy Spirit, I receive by faith my freedom. By the grace of God, I will honor delegated authority in my life and not displace them. Thank You for a new beginning of purity, humility and holiness based in the truth of God's Word. You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free! (To Subscribe to the Elijah List subscribe here.)
Amen and Amen!
Dr. James W. Goll
Founder of Encounters Network • God Encounters Training e–School • Prayer Storm
Dr. James W. Goll is the President of Encounters Network, the International Director of Prayer Storm, and the Founder of God Encounters Training – an eSchool of the Heart. With great joy James has shared Jesus in more than 50 nations, teaching and imparting the power of intercession, prophetic ministry, and life in the Spirit. James is the prolific author of numerous books, including The Seer, The Lost Art of Intercession, The Coming Israel Awakening, Deliverance from Darkness, A Radical Faith, and many others. He has also produced multiple study guides and hundreds of audio and video messages (click here for more).
James and Michal Ann were married for 32 years before her graduation to Heaven in the fall of 2008. James has four adult children who are married and all love Jesus: Justin, GraceAnn, Tyler, and Rachel, and multiple grandchildren. James continues to make his home in Franklin, Tennessee.
To receive more words like this in YOUR inbox, subscribe FREE to the Elijah List at this link http://elijahlist.com/subscribe.