We are not a political organization, but when God asks us to stand for LIFE, He is simultaneously asking us to support judges who are righteous and who support life.
My suggested prayer is not long. Jesus told His disciples, "Don't think you'll be heard by God by your MANY WORDS for your heavenly Father knows what you need before you ask Him" (see Matthew 6:7-8).
God knows we need righteous judges in the land.
Please forward this word to your friends! Encourage them to subscribe to the Elijah List right here: http://elijahlist.com/subscribe.
Judge Kavanaugh defends Americans' right to practice their faith without government intrusion. He respects the government's interests in protecting life and not facilitating abortion. Judge Kavanaugh is a devoted Christian who lives his faith through his dedication to public service.
Aimee Herd, Breaking Christian News/Cindy Jacobs, RPN:
Judge Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings began Tuesday, and are scheduled to last through the week. However, since he is said to be a constitutional conservative, liberal protesters and some Democrats are already attempting to derail the hearings.
Below is information and prayer points from Cindy and Mike Jacobs of the Reformation Prayer Network, to aid in praying over these important proceedings:
[RPN] Judge Brett Kavanaugh is reported to be a constitutional conservative who was nominated to take retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy's place on the Court.
Judge Kavanaugh is a man of good character who has served as a district judge on the D.C. Court of Appeals, He has served in that position since 2006.
Here are some things we know about Judge Kavanaugh:
• Judge Kavanaugh defends Americans' right to practice their faith without government intrusion.
• He respects the government's interests in protecting life and not facilitating abortion.
• Judge Kavanaugh is a devoted Christian who lives his faith through his dedication to public service.
• In Newdow v. Roberts, Judge Kavanaugh upheld the opening prayer and invocation of God at government ceremonies. He suggested that "stripping government ceremonies of any references to God or religious expression...would, in effect, 'establish' atheism."
• At oral argument in Archdiocese of Washington v. WMATA, Judge Kavanaugh called D.C. Metro's ban on religious advertising, including Christmas ads, "pure discrimination" and "odious" to the First Amendment. The Washington Post called his questioning "unrelenting." (The case remains pending.)
• In Priests for Life v. HHS, Judge Kavanaugh voted to block the Obama Administration from forcing religious entities to violate their consciences and be complicit in providing contraceptive and abortifacient coverage to their employees. He argued that it is "crystal clear" that "when the Government forces someone to take an action contrary to his or her sincere religious belief...the Government has substantially burdened the individual's exercise of religion."
• In Garza v. Hargan, Judge Kavanaugh rejected the ACLU's assertion of a new constitutional right for illegal-immigrant minors in U.S. custody to obtain immediate abortion on demand. He emphasized the government's "permissible interests in favoring fetal life" and "refraining from facilitating abortion."
• Gives of his time to advance religious liberty and serve God and his neighbor.
• While in private practice, Judge Kavanaugh served as Chairman of the Federalist Society's Religious Liberty Practice Group.
• In private practice, Judge Kavanaugh authored pro bono amicus briefs on behalf of religious groups in the Supreme Court:
• In Santa Fe Independent School District v. Doe, Judge Kavanaugh argued that a public school policy permitting student-led, student-initiated prayer at high school football games did not violate the Establishment Clause.
• In Good News Club v. Milford Central School, he argued that a public school that allows afterschool use of its facilities by clubs must allow similar use by religious clubs.
The hearing schedule will be:
Tuesday, 9/4: opening statements by individuals who know Brett Kavanaugh.
Wednesday, 9/5: a long day of questioning by the 21 members of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Thursday, 9/6: another day of questioning by the Senate Judiciary Committee members.
Friday, 9/7: closing statements and testimony for and against Judge Kavanaugh as a Supreme Court Justice.
Let us continue to pray:
• For a Supreme Court Justice that fears the Lord: "He said to the judges, 'Consider what you are doing, for you do not judge for man but for the LORD who is with you when you render judgment. Now then let the fear of the LORD be upon you; be very careful what you do, for the LORD our God will have no part in unrighteousness or partiality or the taking of a bribe'" (2 Chronicles 19:5-7).
• For a justice that will honor the founding documents of this nation, especially the U.S. Constitution: "Then I will restore your judges as at the first, and your counselors as at the beginning; after that you will be called the city of righteousness, a faithful city" (Isaiah 1:26).
• That we would continue to seek God and His divine purposes for America, above every earthly activity and person: "For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our King; He will save us—" (Isaiah 33:22). (To Subscribe to the Elijah List subscribe here.)
For the future of our nation,
Mike and Cindy Jacobs
Generals International/Reformation Prayer Network
Mike and Cindy Jacobs co-founded Generals International in 1985. Mike and Cindy co-host a weekly television program called God Knows that airs in more than 200 nations. Mike and Cindy also provide leadership for the Reformation Prayer Network (RPN), an organization with representatives in each of the fifty United States, working to support and uphold Biblical values through prayer and local action. Cindy is a respected prophet who travels the world, ministering not only to crowds of people but to heads of nations. Mike and Cindy love to travel and speak, but perhaps their favorite past time is spending time with their children, along with their six adorable grandchildren. The Jacobs make their home just outside of Dallas.
Visit our webstore and check out Alveda King's book by Elijah List Publications: America Return to God: www.americareturntogod.com