"The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." (Proverbs 28:1)
Where we are headed we need clear words. We need prophetic blueprints for the year that show us the path to stick to so that we aren't robbed, pillaged, and plundered, but walk safely and are effective. For that purpose, I want to deliver this word in a bullet-point format that you can constantly look back to in 2021. There are three themes in my spirit for 2021 and this is one of them. I pray it ignites you and stirs you and provokes you to live all-in for Jesus this year.
The Year the Army of Dry Bones becomes the Army of Awakened Warriors
• I have been absolutely transfixed in the last month as I have been praying for this new year, and I have only one thing in my sights – the Ecclesia being raised up, roaring bold, and shining bright in the earth; an Ecclesia that, like yeast worked into dough, will be worked into all areas of society.
• This year will see the dry bones army – the sleeping Church – become some of the most radical warriors ever seen. The pandemic woke them up.
• We will see the Church throw out the pointless tools and weapons and messages and get back to the simple Gospel again.
• We will see those who were decommissioned get back their fire and those who were stuck in a rut and on the sidelines get back their passion and purpose.
• We are going to see a soul-winning army arise; an army whose anointing is to go after souls, and they will go hand in hand with revivalists who are called to uncap wells in the nations.
• We are going to see the next level of awakening around the earth, and it's our job to prophesy them awake.
"So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet – a vast army." (Ezekiel 37:10)
You Will See What God Has Fashioned Through the Warfare You Faced in 2020
• I saw a vision of the Lord taking all of the conflict, chaos, warfare, accusations, slander, betrayal, pressure, crushing and demonic assignments that had come against God's people in 2020 and using them to forge weapons of warfare – mighty hammers that would be used in 2021 for the Kingdom.
• You will see that every battle was not in vain or for nothing. You will see that the pain was worth it because you will now see the gain.
• In 2020 you were opposed to the point of breaking, but now YOU are rising up as the breaker in both your personal circumstances and in the nations.
• You will feel a strange and unusual instinct to oppose the things that have been robbing you, others and the Church from their inheritance.
• You will finally accept that you are not some weak and powerless Christian but a weapon of war that God is going to move through in the years to come.
"You are My hammer and weapon of war: with you I break nations in pieces; with you I destroy kingdoms." (Jeremiah 51:20)
"Every warrior's boot used in battle and every garment rolled in blood will be destined for burning, will be fuel for the fire." (Isaiah 9:5)
You Are Leaving Your Sickbed & Beginning Your Legacy as a Giant Killer!
• This is a year of great healing that always comes after or through seasons of great opposition.
• 2020 was a year the enemy tried to keep you in your sickbed; in fact, he tried to tie you down to it, but it didn't work.
• This year you will experience breakthrough after all the breaking you have been through. (Photo via Unsplash)
• You will feel the yoke come off your shoulders and the concrete break off your feet.
• You will feel like deliverance has come to your house where it used to feel like a place of madness and chaos as the enemy tried to break you down.
• You will feel the Luke 4:14 moment of leaving your valley of testing, empowered by the Spirit; you will realize that the fight for your life was in fact the fight for your destiny and you overcame it.
• This year you will see the anointing that increased upon you through your struggles and opposition.
• You will easily slay the giants that used to take you out, and you will aggressively shut the door on things that used to rob you over and over.
• This is the year you stop identifying as an outcast, a victim, or a reject. There is an invitation at this moment to move past your long history and stop rehearsing it.
• Your sickbed isn't your story – you leaving it is.
• This is where your legacy and odyssey begin.
"When they are sick, God will restore them, lying upon their bed of suffering. He will raise them up again and restore them back to health." (Psalm 41:3)
Reformational Positioning, Counter-Cultural Commissioning & the Filling of Empty Vacancies
In a vision, I saw a military strategy boardroom where there was a map, and people were being moved into new positions and vacancies that were not currently filled. These were strategic, counter-culture positions which were filled so that we would see the shifting of major strongholds in the nations, and the taking down of giants that have been dominating and enforcing culture.
• This year, God is raising up a reformational army for the Church and an army to go into the heights of the secular world. It already began in 2020 but we will start to see the rudder turning in specific areas in 2021.
• God has Daniels, Josephs and Esthers already planted in influential roles with the kings of the earth, but watch as this year God gives them a voice.
• God is raising up a prophetic media army this year – a band of trusted voices that will raise the bar and restore validity to the prophetic. They will be the new sound where the prophets of Baal, worldly media and Ichabod prophets have been missing the mark.
• This is a year of greater sending and releasing; a year of the greater apostolic building of new wineskin expressions and movements.
• In October, the Lord told me to not start the year out too FULL, because we would need some margin and CAPACITY for the unexpected assignments and blueprints He gives us.
• God is moving some people geographically who have been feeling purposeless and without a tribe.
• God is repositioning those who have picked up the new apostolic mantles and mandates for cities and regions.
• I have been seeing new nameplates in offices; the changing of the guard has happened and many will be surprised at what God places in their laps this year.
• Follow your peace, follow your favor, and use your mantle!
"Again Jesus said, 'Peace be with you! As the Father has sent Me, I am sending you.'" (John 20:21)
This Year We Will See Greater Exposure of Lies & Hidden Agendas - Veils Will Be Removed & Truth Broadcasted
"So the spies questioned Him: 'Teacher, we know that You speak and teach what is right, and that You do not show partiality but teach the way of God in accordance with the truth.'" (Luke 20:21)
• In 2020 we saw the spirit of confusion and chaos hit the Church during the pandemic, revealing our need for revelatory truth – not just convenient truth or truth that is uplifting, but also sobering truth that hits the places where lies and deceit have been festering like a wound.
• I had a vision of a leprous man months ago that was trying to avoid looking in the mirror, but as he looked at himself and realized how sick he was, he was suddenly healed.
• We are about to see a rising up of truth carriers who may look at first like they are arrogant or uncompassionate, but they will be the healers of afflictions that lies and demonic deceit created. (Photo via Pixabay)
• This year we are going to see anointed truth, revelatory truth, broadcasted; it will remove veils of bondage cast over the nations and sets captives free.
• There will be a media shift or a "slide," where networks and stations will lose their ratings and positions, as truth carriers take back the airwaves.
• "There's a whole other layer," the Lord keeps saying to me. In 2021 we are going to see the next layer of corruption uncovered around the earth and the unveiling of handshakes around the nations, established for the purpose of multi-national control and power.
The Bared-Teeth Bride, Heavyweight Prophets & the "Company of the True"
• In September of last year, Rosh Hashanah, I had a vision of a Lion that was roaring, and then it opened its mouth even wider to reveal all its teeth. The Lord spoke to me and said, "This will be the year that the Church goes from beginning to roar to BARING its teeth!"
• The 21st letter of the Hebrew alphabet is "shin," which looks like a crown and means "teeth," representing the Church realizing both its royalty and its ferocity.
• This year we are going to see the Church rise up as the bold Bride she was always called to be, not tolerating and passively allowing robbery or being bullied.
• This year the prophetic movement is going to face a crossroads – a choice to either bare their teeth or be silent and inactive. The days of passive prophecy without power are over and God is refining the prophetic, pulling prophets up higher into their weightier calling, and extending an invitation to step into the mantle of real prophecy.
• Sugar-coated words are not going to take us anywhere in 2021; in fact, the conviction of the Holy Spirit is going to fall upon those using prophecy as a marketing ploy, and they will either lose the show and shape up, or go back to "prophet character school."
• We are going to be so surprised who God raises up in 2021...surprised at who God restores and brings back from the brink of Hell, and who God mantles with prophetic wisdom and insight for the hour.
• The houses without real prophets are going to be stumbling in the dark, constantly thrown back and forth in the dichotomy of culture, while those who embrace the pure prophets will stand the tests that come, have deep roots, and be on the cutting edge of what God is doing.
• God is raising up a prophetic company who will stand true to what He has said, no matter what shakes and no matter what comes against the Church. They are the ones that, against all odds, opposition, and ridicule, have not moved from their post and will continue to point the Church to true north in turbulent times. Interestingly, in gematria "shin" represents the number 300, and like Gideon's army God is raising up His remnant right now who will choose Him when others fall away.
No More Compromise, Mixture or Unequally Yoked Alignments
• Recently when praying for the new year, I had a dream I was at a Christian carnival and was invited to join with the "in" crowd, which included some A-list Christian names, but I felt strongly not to join them. I then saw a friend who also turned down this group and he said to me, "Nate, where we are going we cannot compromise!" I woke up shaking in the fear of the Lord.
• The word "compromise" means a stance in between two different things; to find or follow a way between extremes, or in other words, to sit on the fence and take the easy path – the road of least resistance – not having to make a stand in one place or conviction.
• This year we can no longer be lukewarm or call the middle ground the higher ground like it's some kind of spiritually enlightened place. Let's call it what it is...being neither hot nor cold, not standing for truth or for lies, and avoiding confrontation in order to appease everyone around you. This doesn't last long and eventually the sand beneath begins to shake.
• This year we cannot be the kings of mixture, holding both the ropes of culture and the ropes of the Kingdom. It's a tug of war we can't win. We must take a stand for righteousness!
• This year God is wanting us to be in fruitful relationships and alignments, not convenient ones for the sake of networking or being in the who's who.
• God is, right now, jealously leading you out of unequally yoked relationships and connections that are not sustainable. He doesn't want you opening yourself up to immature people who lack the character to go the distance or the desire to follow the Lord where you are.
• Watch this year as God brings you people who are lovers of God and not lovers of themselves or some other temporary, fleeting affection. (Photo via Pixabay)
• This year we need to be a people of no compromise...knowing our convictions.
• We need to learn to protect the anointing and not let flies in the ointment.
• We need to learn how to DISCERN better, and not cast our pearls.
• We need to learn how to establish better boundaries and expectations in relationships, and learn how to honor better than we have.
• This year it may feel like your inner circle is getting smaller but your tribe will get bigger.
Christian Celebrity Culture Loses Its Influence & We Burn the Golden Calf
• A standout point of my dream was the fact that many were following Christian celebrity culture, and in doing so, they had lost their discernment and way.
• This year God is purging leadership, redefining motives, and removing worldly influence from the high places of the Church. We can't operate with high charisma and little character – the fruit is damage and pain and communities that never experience transformation.
• I believe this year that celebrity culture in the Church will begin to show its cracks and inability to hide its motives and salesmanship.
• Those in prominent positions given by men who have no true desire to build the Kingdom will be uprooted.
• Celebrity culture doesn't raise soldiers but cheerleaders who have no clue how to swing a sword, and where we are going it won't be green rooms that will be the training ground for the best warriors, but the hard knock seasons of wilderness.
• There is a famous Australian military training camp called "Puckapunyal," or "valley of the winds" in the indigenous language, which has been known for raising the best soldiers. This year we need the wind of the Spirit upon us and through us, not the wind and hot air of ego and self-righteousness.
• God is burning the golden calves that have been holding the Church back from being effective, where we have chosen to elevate and worship anything other than King Jesus.
• Ministry and status have been an idol and it must be thrown in the fire.
• This year we must have one affection and motivation – to know Jesus and to make Him known on the earth.
"Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first." (Revelation 2:4)
Fire Upon the Altar, the Wild Prophets & the Set Apart Ones
"Elijah went before the people and said, 'How long will you waver between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal is God, follow him'..." (1 Kings 18:21)
• We are, right now, in a prophetic parallel to the story of Elijah and the prophets of Baal from 1 Kings. There is a choice to be made, but let me make it easy...choose God or choose the world. People will call this polarizing but it's that simple.
• In this story there was an altar that was on fire and another that wasn't – that's our invitation.
• This year God is bringing together a prophetic remnant that lives as an altar, ON FIRE, and set apart to Him.
• They will be in this world but not of it.
• This year the purifying of the prophetic will only get hotter but it will draw the gold to the top...the radicals, the wild ones who have nothing to prove and no other lover than Jesus.
• The refining has only begun but you are safe in the fire.
"But you are God's chosen treasure – priests who are kings, a spiritual 'nation' set apart as God's devoted ones. He called you out of darkness to experience His marvelous light, and now He claims you as His very own. He did this so that you would broadcast His glorious wonders throughout the world." (1 Peter 2:9)
Revelation, Fresh Pursuit, Visitation & Unexpected Habitation
• Recently in a dream, I was sitting in what I knew to be the library of Heaven. I marveled at all the books covering the walls of this huge room and felt like a kid in a candy store waiting to read them. These books were revelatory knowledge, strategy, direction, a new language, and the mysteries on the Lord's heart that are crucial for the Church in this hour.
• This year we will have access to the new blueprints of Heaven and new language and themes on His heart for this kairos time.
• As I looked at the books and went to grab one, I saw an open door to a corridor and I suddenly felt the overwhelming intoxication of the Lord's presence in there, so I left the library and followed. I followed a winding staircase that seemed to go down and never end. Every step I took I was becoming more love-sick for Him and no longer cared for reading the books in the library. I was in pursuit of Jesus and nothing else. (Photo via Pixabay)
• This year the Lord is calling the Church back to her first love. I hear Him saying, "Come with Me. Will you leave everything behind for a moment with Me?"
• This year God is tugging on the hearts of those who have lost the encounter they began with and is wooing the Church back to her knees, back to the carpet of intimacy again.
• God wants to share the secrets of His heart, but will we pursue Him or just His revelation? If we pursue Him we will receive so much more than revelation.
•This year God wants us to experience fresh visitation and be reminded that He is an intimate God and wants to be known and for us to be known.
• He is going to break off the stale religiosity that has caused so many to be servants and not sons and daughters.
• Get ready as a fresh wave of sonship and renewed identity comes to the forefront.
• I see meetings having unusual manifestations, healings, and remarkable transformations through the baptism of love, where people walk away branded by the Holy Ghost and saying, "The King of Glory kissed me!"
• I feel so strongly that the Lord is wanting to not just visit but dwell... We are going to see the habitation of Heaven in different places and locations that simply give Him room.
Home-Births, Raw Revival Fires & Movements for Souls & the Harvest
• Jesus said in John 4:35, "Don't you have a saying, 'It's still four months until harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." If you are wanting to know what the army has been raised for – it is this. Harvest. The lost. It's not so the Church can look good or so that we can be on top. No, it's so we can serve the world and love them and show them Jesus. It's so they can be whole and free.
• Freely we receive and freely we give and this year we will. We will love better than we have loved and serve better than we have served.
• We will move with love and compassion like Jesus and lay down our lives for others.
• It's speaking up for the unborn and the oppressed and seeing injustices overturned and our lands healed. This is what it is about. Revival.
• This year we are going to see revival fires break out organically in so many places.
• For months now I keep hearing "home-births," and I believe it's the Lord revealing that He is going to pour out His Spirit upon home gatherings this year.
• "Where two or more are gathered," get ready for His presence to fall powerfully.
• Out of authentic prayer and worship, movements will arise that will be at the forefront of this great harvest.
This Is the Year That We See the Beginning of America's Reformation & Returning
"I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus." (Acts 20:21)
• When we were in D.C in October, I felt the Lord tell me to walk into an angry, protesting crowd at the Supreme Court and to lay my hands on the ground and pray, and as I did, I saw a key turning in a lock and the Lord said: "Now begins the TURNING of this great nation back to Me as in the days of its youth!"
• This year we will see the beginning of the return to godly values. It will come with a fight but it will prevail.
• Reformation is "the act or process of improving something by removing or correcting faults, problems. The act of changing something for the better." And this is what God is doing in this nation, right now, in its greatest moment of conflict.
• Regardless of what you hear and see, right now this nation is in a tug of war that the enemy cannot win.
• A move of repentance and TURNING is about to hit this nation and once again we will see people come to the feet of Jesus.
The "Test" Days Make Way for the Best Days
• In October I had a vision of a reformer that God had raised up in 2020, and I saw the spear of Saul being hurled at him, but as it came at him, he grabbed it and held it in his hands in a stance for battle. I asked the Lord what I was seeing and He said that He was using the weapons of the enemy as weapons that will be catalysts for movements around the earth.
• This year God is harnessing the hate and ridicule against the Church and using it to increase the Church.
• The enemy wants the Church to shut its voice, but this is only giving the Church a greater opportunity to be a voice.
• We as the Church are being positioned for the increase and for the harvest at hand, and we are truly going from glory to glory.
• This year we are going to see the Church pivot even more, adjust even more, and be purged even more, but it's not just the Lord removing the stumbling blocks – it's also a sign of growth!
• We are growing and maturing and we are going to see the Church be the pure and spotless Bride!
• This is our Isaiah 60 season to arise and shine!
• This year we will see greater shaking but also greater unity.
• Streams will merge and walls will come down!
I prophesy this year that you will be BOLD, UNCOMPROMISED, UNDIGNIFIED, and UNAPOLOGETIC of your pursuit of Jesus, His righteousness, His will, and His ways, so that the lukewarm get hot, the fireless get back their fire, and the nations encounter him!
Whatever you do, don't miss another ELIJAH LIST email! Subscribe at this link: elijahlist.com/subscribe.
Nate Johnston¬†is a prophetic voice and worshiper who has a heart to see sons and daughters unleashed into passionate friendship with God and an effective supernatural lifestyle. Through his ministry school "Everyday Revivalists," he leads people from the basics of the Gospel through to being sent and released into their mission field, as well as championing and raising up emerging prophetic voices around the world. His burning cry and desire is to see the Body of Christ become a beacon for the lost by raising up a generation that walks in the love and power of God, representing Him well. Nate and his wife Christy have two daughters, Charlotte and Sophie, and live in Redding California.
To receive more words like this in YOUR inbox, subscribe FREE to the Elijah List at this link: elijahlist.com/subscribe.
Find us on:
* Facebook click here
* XAPiT click here