From the desk of Steve Shultz:
We're all called to display the seven attributes of the Holy Spirit in our lives... this is how HIS GLORY is poured out throughout the earth. Bob Jones shares these attributes here and how we can respond through them.
We pray THE ELIJAH LIST encourages you. The Elijah List is a FOR-PROFIT ministry so any gift in Money or "in-kind" (such as a car), will NOT be tax-deductible. Even Jesus took donations but had to pay taxes on what He received. I truly believe God will bless you if you bless us. Donate online at: https://www.elijahlist.com/donations/donation.php. We thank YOU, our dear readers, for blessing us with your generosity.
Seven Precious Stones: The Attributes of the Holy Spirit of God
Recently Bob had an experience where the Lord placed seven large precious gem stones in Bob's hands. Each stone was larger than his hands could hold. They were all glistening stones; each one a different color of the rainbow. Bob asked the Lord what these stones were and was told they were the seven eyes of the Holy Spirit of God or the seven attributes of the Holy Spirit according to John 14.
John 14:26 But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you. (Amplified)
The Holy Spirit is the only God down here on this earth. He brings us to the knowledge of our sin and the need of our Savior the Lord Jesus Christ. When we call upon the name of Jesus for repentance of our sin and are born again, we then have the Holy Spirit of God living in us. From that time onward we develop the characteristics or attributes of the Holy Spirit.
These attributes are; Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener and Standby. Let's look at each one of these separately.
Attributes of the Holy Spirit
• Comforter: Which one of us can't comfort another person in their time of need? Perhaps it's only speaking a kind word to express God's love for another in their time of despair. Maybe it's embracing someone who has just lost a loved one or perhaps lost their job. Being a comforter is simply putting other's needs ahead of your own.
• Counselor: We all have the ability to counsel one another because we have the Wisdom of the Ages dwelling inside us. As we mature in the Word of God and walk in His divine nature, we are able to counsel others back to righteousness and keep them from going down the wrong path of life. We acquire wisdom from our own failures in life so we can help others avoid those pitfalls.
• Helper: The ministry of helps is vital to the Body of Christ. The Church cannot operate without this ministry. The ministry of helps is the grease that keeps the wheel turning. Greeters, parking attendants, custodians, people who clean the sanctuary and furnish the necessities of the bathroom are just a few of the vital jobs that keep a church functioning properly. Although they are usually not noticeably recognized, the Church could not function without them. Is there any among us that cannot help in some capacity?
• Intercessor: Who among us cannot pray? We are all called to pray for one another. Paul says to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17). We can intercede for anyone, anywhere, at any time. There is no time or distance in the spirit.
• Advocate: There are enough defense attorneys in the Body of Christ. Too often we point our finger at others in judgment instead of defending the righteous acts of the saints. We are called to be advocates; to plead the case for the innocent and for those who have no voice.
• Strengthener: This simply means to strengthen another in their time of need whether it's physically, spiritually, financially, socially or relational. We need to reinforce the Body of Christ and become united instead of tearing each other apart. A threefold cord is not easily broken. When you strengthen your brother in fellowship with the Holy Spirit there is agreement made in Heaven and on earth.
Ecclesiastes 4:12 And though a man might prevail against him who is alone, two will withstand him. A threefold cord is not quickly broken. (Amplified)
• Standby: God will never leave us nor forsake us; He stands by us in every situation we encounter. We are called to stand by others also in their time of need. We can be their stability and remain steadfast when times are difficult. We can hold up their arms to simply be their support like Aaron and Hur did with Moses in the wilderness.
Exodus 17:11-12 When Moses held up his hand, Israel prevailed; and when he lowered his hand, Amalek prevailed. But Moses' hands were heavy and grew weary. So [the other men] took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Then Aaron and Hur held up his hands, one on one side and one on the other side; so his hands were steady until the going down of the sun. (Amplified)
Covenant of His Love
Genesis 9:13 I set My bow [rainbow] in the cloud, and it shall be a token or sign of a covenant or solemn pledge between Me and the earth. (Amplified)
These precious stones are a reminder of God's covenant of His love. Each stone that Bob was given is a color of the rainbow and each one represents a different attribute of the Holy Spirit.
As the Holy Spirit is poured out on the Body of Christ, we become living stones in the hand of God. Therefore, in all our labors, our life is poured out to the Body of Christ by becoming the comforter, counselor, helper, intercessor, advocate, strengthener and standby. Then we are able to meet the needs of others simply by discerning what the Holy Spirit is showing us.
Bob and Bonnie Jones
The Prophetic Ministry of Bob and Bonnie Jones
To contact Bob Jones send your inquiry to:
Bob and Bonnie Jones Ministries
White Horses Publishings
P.O. Box 838
Pineville, NC 28134-0838
Bob and Bonnie Jones: Bob Jones is known as a contemporary prophet with a great love for the Lord Jesus and His truth. His prophecies have spanned over four decades as the Lord has enabled him to foretell earthquakes, tidal waves, comets, and weather patterns. Like Daniel who functioned at an incredible level, Bob has often told leaders their dreams and experiences, as well as the interpretation. After his death experience in 1975, God sent him back to minister to Church leadership and reach the multitudes with His love, truth and equipping the saints with understanding of the spiritual gifts. God promised Bob that he would see the beginning of one billion souls coming into the Kingdom in one great wave of the end time harvest. Bonnie has a great love for the Lord, the Word and the Cross of Jesus. She loves children and enjoys blessing them with a gift of joy, truth, love and encouragement. Bonnie moves in a seer prophetic gifting as well as healing and miracles. Her passion is to see women set free from the fear of man and step into their gifts and calling. She is a great advocate of women stepping forth into their rightful place beside their husband.
Note: Events are subject to change at the ministry's discretion. We suggest you always check first with the event contact listed here and/or directly visit their website for latest updates on each event.
April 15-21, 2012
Speakers: Bob Jones, Larry Randolph, Mahesh and Bonnie Chavda, and Gary Oates
1472 Price Rd., Moravian Falls, NC 28654
April 27-29, 2012
The Wave Conference
2300 Austinburg Road, Ashtabula, OH 44004